Auvrea Veryr

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A free loosely based Harry Potter role playing site.

Welcome!!!! Please be sure to check this regularly, so that you are aware of things happening in posts and during the war.

2 posters

An early morning (Lux)

Jarlan Lestrange
    Jarlan Lestrange

An early morning (Lux) Empty An early morning (Lux)

Post by Jarlan Lestrange Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:55 am

Jarlan smoothed out his robes in front of the mirror in his room, making sure that they set perfectly on his frame, before heading out to the living room. He found Luxiele already sitting on the couch by the window there. "An early riser?" he asked, his voice containing a note of approval. It was barely seven o'clock and he was happy to see that she did not lounge in bed for extended periods of time, though that approval was only shown slightly by his emotions. He himself could never sleep past seven o'clock even though he went to bed at two last night. Though he no longer thought of the time he spent with his betrothed as wasteful, the fact still remained that it was taking time away from his studies. And he would never let himself get behind of his own schedule.
    Luxielle Mazur
    Luxielle Mazur

An early morning (Lux) Empty Re: An early morning (Lux)

Post by Luxielle Mazur Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:33 am

She smiled and closed the dark arts book she was reading. "Yes my Lord", she replied to him. "I cannot sleep past 7 o'clock, I have already done my morning running route. I like the exercise my Lord."
    Jarlan Lestrange
    Jarlan Lestrange

Post by Jarlan Lestrange Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:40 am

"Exercise is always good," Jarlan said, his tone as cool as usual. "I prefer to do mine in the evening," he said as he walked further into the room.

A small pop sounded and the morning meal appeared on the round table at the center of the room. "Come, breakfast has been served" the dark heir said as he took Luxielle's arm and guided her to the table, helping her into her seat before taking his own opposite her.
    Luxielle Mazur
    Luxielle Mazur

Post by Luxielle Mazur Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:46 am

She wasn't really used to eat in the morning, she knew it did no good for her not to do so, but she would always feel sick after it.
    Jarlan helped her to her seat, like a proper gentleman, and it made her lighten up inside.

"Thank you my Lord", she said before taking an apple and pouring herself a cup of tea.
    Jarlan Lestrange
    Jarlan Lestrange

Post by Jarlan Lestrange Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:52 am

Jarlan poured himself a steaming cup of coffee, needing the energising effects of the liquid. He swallowed a couple mouthfuls of the hot drink before putting some scrambled eggs, bacon and roasted tomatoes and mushrooms on his plate.

"You need to eat," he said as he glanced down at her still empty plate.
    Luxielle Mazur
    Luxielle Mazur

Post by Luxielle Mazur Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:56 am

"I know my Lord, but I get sick if I eat in the morning. Maybe something light..."
    Looking at the table, she found another thing that was okay for her, milk and cereals, so she took that in a bowl and started eating them in silence. She took just a little bit, trying to adjust her appetite to them.
    Jarlan Lestrange
    Jarlan Lestrange

Post by Jarlan Lestrange Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:04 am

"You get sick if you eat in the morning?" Jarlan said, his was dark as he leaned back slightly. "And why does that happen? DO you have any health issues that I do not know about?" he asked coldly. He certainly didn't need a dark lady who was not in top physical condition. One of the main things that would be required from her would be to produce a strong healthy heir.
    Luxielle Mazur
    Luxielle Mazur

Post by Luxielle Mazur Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:11 am

"No my Lord, I'm just not used to. My mother never allowed us to do so."

She sighed. The last thing she want was for him to know in what kind of freakish family she lived, but she told him too much about it and she promised herself she'll try to stop.
    Jarlan Lestrange
    Jarlan Lestrange

Post by Jarlan Lestrange Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:26 am

Jarlan put his knife and fork down beside his plate, his expression getting darker by the minute. "Obviously your mother did not set her priorities straight," he almost spat, closing his eyes for a second to calm his anger. "You will not hide any information about yourself or your family from me. You will eat three proper meals a day. If you do not follow these rules I will punish you. Do you understand?" he asked, his voice a bit forceful.
    Luxielle Mazur
    Luxielle Mazur

Post by Luxielle Mazur Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:28 am

"Yes my Lord", she said with a cool voice, in her usual calming manner.
    She was used to people yelling at her, especially the men in her life, her father and now she had to get used to him yelling at her.

"I understand."

Jarlan Lestrange
    Jarlan Lestrange

Post by Jarlan Lestrange Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:33 am

"Good," Jarlan said simply. He went back to eating his own food as he watched her at the same time. They ate in silence for some time. "What would you like to do today?" he asked as he picked up his coffee cup once again.
    Luxielle Mazur
    Luxielle Mazur

Post by Luxielle Mazur Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:35 am

"Whatever pleases you my Lord", she responded him coldly. "Maybe we should learn together?" she said to him, while thinking of all the books that were in this house.
    Jarlan Lestrange
    Jarlan Lestrange

Post by Jarlan Lestrange Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:37 am

"Anything in particular you would like to focus on?" Jarlan asked, raising an eyebrow slightly as he kept his cold eyes trained on her.
    Luxielle Mazur
    Luxielle Mazur

Post by Luxielle Mazur Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:40 am

She didn't look away. She promised herself never to look away from him again.

"Dark Arts in theory, or Runes perhaps?"
    Jarlan Lestrange
    Jarlan Lestrange

Post by Jarlan Lestrange Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:44 am

"There is an abundance of Dark Arts texts in here," Jarlan said as he rose from his chair, "I will show you my private library. We will start there and see if anything will catch your interest," he said as he held out his hand to help her up from her seat.
    Luxielle Mazur
    Luxielle Mazur

Post by Luxielle Mazur Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:06 am

"Yes my Lord, that sounds perfect", she told him cooly.
    Jarlan Lestrange
    Jarlan Lestrange

Post by Jarlan Lestrange Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:47 am

Jarlan stood up from the table and led the way from the sitting room to the small library of his quarters. "You can store your personal books here," he said as they made their way into the room.
    Luxielle Mazur
    Luxielle Mazur

Post by Luxielle Mazur Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:23 am

"I will do that my Lord", she said as she walked towards the room. When she entered it, her eyes widened and she ran to the books, looking at all of them, happy that she'll have something to read.
    Jarlan Lestrange
    Jarlan Lestrange

Post by Jarlan Lestrange Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:28 am

"This is my personal collection. You will be able to find many more in the main library," Jarlan said with a small smirk, noticing her reaction.

He pulled out one of the books at random and opened it. "The Road to Eternity by Nicholas Flamel. My father gave this one to me for my birthday two years ago. Are you interested in Flamel's work?" he asked her, his tone as cool as always, as he looked up from the book in his hands. Only three copies of the old text existed in the world today.
    Luxielle Mazur
    Luxielle Mazur

Post by Luxielle Mazur Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:23 am

"That very pleases me, my Lord", she said, her voice cold and soft in the same time. Living in the family she lived, made her have different faces on different days, giving diversity to everyone who talked to her.

"Nicholas Flamel?", she asked, a smile on her face. "Of course I'm interested in his work!" There was a weird light in her eyes, reddish, cruel looking, power hungry. "Who wouldn't want to live forever? There is no day in which I don't think about stealing Flamel's secret. Think of it my Lord, I'm sure you do think of it too, think of the unlimited power for eternity..."

Her eyes were on the book today. "That is one of the original copies? I wanted to get my hands on that for years! There are like 2 of them left in the world, my Lord."
    Jarlan Lestrange
    Jarlan Lestrange

Post by Jarlan Lestrange Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:36 am

Jarlan studied her as she spoke of Nicholas Flamel. He was slightly amused by her excitement, but nevertheless satisfied to see it. "Stealing his secret is quite appealing isn't it?" he said, his voice musing, as he took a seat at the armchair by the window. "But then the question arises of finding your own way to live eternally. To come with something new with which your name will be associated for millenniums," he said thoughtfully. "To have your name echo thousands of years from now," he said looking out of the window. He knew that he would be remembered for decades or even centuries for being the only son of the dark lord. But he wanted something different. He wanted to be remembered as a dark wizard in his own right and not just his father's son.

Jarlan smirked as he turned back to face his betrothed. "Yes it is one of the originals. You may read it and all the other books in the library. But do not take them out of these quarters," he said simply.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 6:36 pm