Auvrea Veryr

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A free loosely based Harry Potter role playing site.

Welcome!!!! Please be sure to check this regularly, so that you are aware of things happening in posts and during the war.

3 posters

Unwanted Changes (Open)

Jarlan Lestrange
    Jarlan Lestrange

Unwanted Changes (Open)  Empty Unwanted Changes (Open)

Post by Jarlan Lestrange Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:45 am

Jaraln sat at one of the free tables at the back of the tavern. His expression was as cold as usual as he studied the other people in the room from the darkness of his seat. It was the first time that he was partaking in such an activity. In the past few years whenever he wasn't busy with classes in school he usually locked himself in the library at home, studying old dark texts, absorbing all the knowledge he could before he had to inherit the position of the Dark Lord.

He felt his teeth ground together as he thought of the fight he had with his father. He always wanted to earn the man's pride. That was part of the reason he was studying so hard. Another part was his great thirst for knowledge of dark magic. At times it was so strong that he forgot about everything else. Perhaps his father was right when he said that he needed to bring himself out of his isolation. But finding a suitable Dark Lady within a few months was certainly not the way to do it. That task would require much more of his time then he cared to spare at this point. In a couple years would have been a far better option. Jarlan did want to find a Dark Lady, but that was not in his immediate plans.

He sighed, leaning back in his chair slightly. Perhaps it would be better if he let his mother choose for him. But then again, if he allowed that to happen he would lose so much control over his own life. He took a sip of his butterbear and continued his silent observation.
    Lucifer Sicarius
    Lucifer Sicarius

Unwanted Changes (Open)  Empty Re: Unwanted Changes (Open)

Post by Lucifer Sicarius Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:44 pm

It was just this morning that he had received a letter from his father, saying how proud he was for getting in with the Lestranges. It was well known that the Lestranges were the power of Russian even to those living as far as Italy so it was no surprise to see his father was pleased with him. He was living up to the family name finally.

He entered the tavern and immediately went straight for the bar. "Butterbeer." He ordered in his Italian accent, he was great at speaking English and now Russian but he still had a slight accent to his voice. "On second thoughts make that two." He said as he finally decided to scan the place and found his boss sat there alone.

Once he drinks had arrived he made his way over to Jarlen and placed one the of the butterbeers on the table int front of him. "You look troubled." He stated before pulling up the chair opposite him. "Anything i can help with?" He asked taking a sip of his butterbeer, it wasn't the greatest drink in the world but it would do for now.
    Jarlan Lestrange
    Jarlan Lestrange

Post by Jarlan Lestrange Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:56 pm

"Lucifer," Jarlan greeted the other wizard, his voice emotionless, even a bit brooding. "I do not believe so," he said, before looking at his friend once again. This relationship was not a normal friendship, but it was the closest thing to real friendship that he would allow himself to have. "I need to find a wife," he stated. The fact that he never paid a lot of attention to his fellow students was turning out to be a great minus to the situation he was in now. Perhaps Lucifer would be be willing to help him to familirize himself with the social scene of the school.
    Lucifer Sicarius
    Lucifer Sicarius

Post by Lucifer Sicarius Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:02 am

He sat down and waited, he knew there was something wrong. He was trained to pick out human emotions and body language so he knew Jarlen wasn't his normal self. So he sat patiently until he decided to share his problems. "A wife?" He asked, he knew his parents were strict on their kids having wives but it was still early even for them to start bothering him just yet.

"Because you want to or are you being told to?" He asked before waving it off, he was there to do a job not pester his boss about his personal life. "So it's girls you want? Strong, powerful anything else you wanna see in them?" He said swirling his butterbeer around in his bottle.
    Jarlan Lestrange
    Jarlan Lestrange

Post by Jarlan Lestrange Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:10 am

'That does not matter," Jarlan said to the first question before he had some of his butterbeer. "I always knew I had to marry, it's just the matter of timing. I am surprised they waited as long as they did," he mused.

"Not the kind of girls you always have around you, Lucifer," he chucked lightly at that.
    Lucifer Sicarius
    Lucifer Sicarius

Post by Lucifer Sicarius Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:17 am

He nodded, he knew only too well what family pressure did to you. He was to be shaped into the next greatest assassin the world had ever seen and Jarlan was to be shaped into the next dark lord. They were more alike than either of the thought.

He chuckled. "What you don't like the ladies throwing themselves at you?" He smirked. "Im only getting my fun whilst im still single. Once that ring goes on my finger i've lost all my freedom to do as i please." He said taking another sip of his drink. "Maybe you should try it, there could be a potential dark lady somewhere you might otherwise have over looked." He said brushing down the front of his shirt.

"What have you got to lose?" He asked.
    Jarlan Lestrange
    Jarlan Lestrange

Post by Jarlan Lestrange Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:22 am

"The girls that throw them at you could hardly be called ladies," Jarlan said, a note of disgust lacing his words. "They do not have any level of self worth or dignity. I do not want a mindless trophy wife. I need someone strong, who wouldn't complain and who will give everything she has to fulfill her duties as the Dark Lady," he stated coldly.

Jarlan took a sip of his own drink and sat back in his chair slightly. "Time: the most precious resource we have. That is what I have to lose, Lucifer. And unfortunately I only have four months to find her." Finding the time he would require to find a betrothed and then mold her into a dark lady would be most difficult if he kept the same learning schedule. And reducing his study load was not something wanted to do, but as the circumstances presented themselves at the moment there was no other way around the problem.
    Lucifer Sicarius
    Lucifer Sicarius

Post by Lucifer Sicarius Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:29 pm

"I wasn't talking about you marrying one of those, even my elf wouldn't marry one of those. I was talking about talking to the girls, you'll soon find out that any decent girl is hated by those desperate wannabes." He said leaning back in his chair with his right hand on the hilt of his sword, it was a habit of his. He liked to be ready on any occasion.

"We'll find her even if i have to go hunting for her. You cannot be stuck with someone you have no desire for, its a disaster waiting to happen." He turning to glance at the taverns door as it opened. "There are plenty of girls out there you just have to look." He shrugged.
    Isabel Malfoy
    Isabel Malfoy

Post by Isabel Malfoy Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:31 am

Isabel entered the tavern silently, people jumping out of her way as she walked coolly along to the bar, and fixed her piercing gaze on the bartender.
    "Mulled mead," she ordered, and the nervous man immediately set to work, making her mead with lightning speed, and as he set it on the counter, her eyes flashed dangerously.
    "...Raspberries? Tell me, bartender, why are there raspberries in my mead? Are you so pathetically incompetent that you are incapable of making a simple drink? Crucio!" the bartender writhed on the floor, and Isabel cast a nonverbal silencing charm on him as he began to scream and people looked over at them. Only when the man's skin was turning white and purple, and he was scrabbling at his throat, did Isabel released the spell.
    "Mulled. Mead. Now." she snapped, and the man immediately complied, making the drink with extra care, and setting it down, not even asking for money. Isabel took the drink and walked over to a table, but did not sit at it, for she had seen Jarlen and Lucifer over near the back of the tavern, and she walked over to them.
    "Hello, Lucifer, Jarlen," she greeted coolly.
    Jarlan Lestrange
    Jarlan Lestrange

Post by Jarlan Lestrange Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:35 am

"Perhaps you are right," Jarlan mused before having some more of his drink. The truth was he could see himself now that he couldn't isolate himself with his studies anymore. There were a lot of other important things that needed to be done that didn't include the books or any other kind of training.

He smirked at the comment. "That would be so easy," he said. "To kidnap a princess. Unfortunately I cannot do that. She must want to marry me. Otherwise she wouldn't make any kind of Dark Lady. I cannot force her. Well, not completely," he contemplated.

Jarlan turned his head when he saw Isabel approaching them. He watched with some amusement as she crucioed the bartender. His aunt would certainly not let her get away with that. Isabel was a family friend, one of the few of his classmates who dared to approach him. "Isabel," he greeted her in his usual cool manner. "Sit," he said, deciding to follow Lucifer's advice.
    Isabel Malfoy
    Isabel Malfoy

Post by Isabel Malfoy Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:05 pm

"Thank you," Isabel said, giving a gracious smile towards Jarlan, sighing frustratedly. "I have not been in a good mood. My week so far has been so frustrating..." She looked over at the still nervous bartender, who could not speak. "Perhaps I should take the silencing charm off of him, he can't take orders like that. Still...." Isabel smirked in amusement at how the bartender was trying to communicate with the wizard at the counter, who was growing steadily angrier.
    Jarlan Lestrange
    Jarlan Lestrange

Post by Jarlan Lestrange Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:15 am

Jarlan leaned back in his chair as he observed her, his face an emotionless mask. He felt like cringing in disgust when she begun to speak. That is why he spent as little time as possible with girls. They complained all the time, about everything. At least Isabel provided some amusement with her high interest in torture. "He wouldn't be able to last long on the job in that state anyway. Just leave him," he said, some notes of amusement lacing his words.
    Isabel Malfoy
    Isabel Malfoy

Post by Isabel Malfoy Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:08 pm

Isabel nodded, a small smile gracing her lips. "All right, then. So, how have you been? I've been working on wandlore lately. I've got loads of wandwood, very lucky to have come across that one tree, and I had fairy eggs, so the little bugger bowtruckle was distracted for a good long time. I'm working with this wild dragon, trying to get some eggs, so I can get the heartstrings from them. I've had absolutely no luck in locating unicorns or phoenixes..." Isabel sighed. "It's brilliant work, though. Got anything new you're working on?"
    Lucifer Sicarius
    Lucifer Sicarius

Post by Lucifer Sicarius Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:19 pm

"What if she admired you for being daring enough to kidnap her?" He asked. "You never know what girls are thinking they have the weirdest minds, one simply can not even attempt to understand." He said taking a sip of his drink.

He turned once again as the door opened and rolled his eyes. The Malfoys were stupidly ignorant and he was soon proved right at her pitiful attempts to scare people. He pulled out the dagger his father had given him on his 5th birthday and began to spin it expertly round his fingers to calm himself. "Malfoy." He said giving the girl a nod he didn't hold any respect for her family, in fact if it wasn't for Jarlan he'd wipe them all out just so he never had to see that smug smile or stupid ferret face again.
    Jarlan Lestrange
    Jarlan Lestrange

Post by Jarlan Lestrange Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:47 am

Jarlan closed his eyes for a second before opening them ones again. Perhaps following Lucifer's advice was not such a good idea after all. "We are leaving," he said to Lucifer, his voice cold and emotionless, as he rose from his chair, his movements powerful and elegant.

He moved out of the tavern without sparing Isabel a second glance. She was lucky she was a family friend. If she wasn't, God only knew what he would do with her for annoying him with her chatter.

"Right now I am leaning more towards the kidnapping option," he said to his companion as they walked side by side down the street.
    Lucifer Sicarius
    Lucifer Sicarius

Post by Lucifer Sicarius Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:08 pm

He turned his piercing gaze from Malfoy and looked at jarlan. With a little bow of his head he got to his feet and walked out of the tavern with the dark prince by his side. His left hand automatically going to the hilt of his sword just incase he needed to protect his future leader. "Whatever your wish it can be done, which princess would you go for?" He asked his gaze flicking to every direction to make sure no one jumped up on them, this was all done naturally now. He'd been taught from such a young age to never trust anyone and keep an eye out at all times.
    Isabel Malfoy
    Isabel Malfoy

Post by Isabel Malfoy Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:51 pm

Stunned, Isabel watched as Jarlan and Lucifer suddenly stood up and left, and she stood up, making to follow them.
    "Jarlan?" she asked, but if he had heard her, he was ignoring her, "Stupid! What were you thinking, boring him like that? You are so foolish." Isabel rushed after the two men, finding them talking together a few yards away from the tavern. "Lucifer! Jarlan!" She called, walking towards them.

(OOC: Perfect time for kidnapping, I'd say... Razz)
    Lucifer Sicarius
    Lucifer Sicarius

Post by Lucifer Sicarius Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:23 pm

Lucifer spun around with his sword drawn towards her neck. "Leave us little girl, can you not see he does not want you in his presense?" He spat keeping the sword aimed at her, one false move and shed meet the edge of his blade.

He turned his head slightly so it was angled towards Jarlan but so his eyes were still burning through the girl, to await his instruction. If he said kill the girl was dead if he said leave her she was free to live another day. He himself was hoping for the first.
    Jarlan Lestrange
    Jarlan Lestrange

Post by Jarlan Lestrange Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:38 am

Jarlan turned around to face the girl. His expression was dark and calm. "Do not force me to make another example of you, Isabel," Jarlan said, his voice low and threatening. Every student in their school knew that one girl who decided to flirt with him got too close and as a result now carried an ugly scar on her cheek that would never be able to remove.

"I've given you much more leeway then I would have anyone else simply because you are a family friend. Now leave and do not approach me without permission again," he commanded coldly.
    Isabel Malfoy
    Isabel Malfoy

Post by Isabel Malfoy Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:35 pm

Isabel widened her eyes at the sword Lucifer was holding to her throat.
    "Sorry, I was just wondering if you were all right. You just up and left. Did I offend you?" Isabel was slightly hurt by Jarlan snapping. Did that mean he didn't even consider her an acquaintance?
    Jarlan Lestrange
    Jarlan Lestrange

Post by Jarlan Lestrange Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:50 pm

Jarlan closed his eyes for a moment as he felt his anger rising. "Do whatever you want with this child, Lucifer. But do not kill her," he ordered, his voice dark, before he turned around and proceeded to walk down the street leaving the two alone.
    Isabel Malfoy
    Isabel Malfoy

Post by Isabel Malfoy Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:06 pm

Isabel saw red flashes before her eyes, her anger towards Jarlan growing. She quickly shot a
    Full Body Bind at Lucifer, before racing after the man.
    "JARLAN LESTRANGE!" she bellowed, stomping towards him, "What in the bloody hell is your problem? I try to make friendly conversation! Am I not 'evil' enough to be worth talking to? Tell me, Jarlan! What is my problem?" hissed Isabel, glaring at Jarlan.
    Jarlan Lestrange
    Jarlan Lestrange

Post by Jarlan Lestrange Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:14 pm

Jarlan stilled his walking and turned around to face Isabel. His eyes were dark and storming with anger, the anger that he always controlled. He moved swiftly and took the wand from her hand, easily snapping it before grabbing her wrist in a steel grip using his other hand to twist her own until he heard the crack of the broken bone.

"Was I not clear enough?" he hissed at the girl who was already weakened by the pain of a broken wrist as he placed his hand around her throat. "You are nothing but a foolish child. No on else would dare to address me with such disrespect. Crucio," he said, his voice low as he pointed his wand at the girl. She writhed in pain as he held her up by her throat. "This is your last warning, Isabel. The next time you speak to me in such a manner I will kill you myself. Do you understand?" he said forcefully.
    Lucifer Sicarius
    Lucifer Sicarius

Post by Lucifer Sicarius Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:35 am

Lucifer growled as she sent a spell at him, with a casual wave of his hand he sent a sheild to block it. Never would the day come when he would be beaten by a little girl or a Malfoy for that matter. Without a seconds thought he put away his sword and turned to stop Isabel but there was no need he just simple watched as his friend did the work for him. "You changed your mind about killing yet? I could make it look like an accident." He smiled a plan already forming. "Im sure no one will even realise she's gone until her mangled body is found at the bottom of a tall building. A pathetic death worthy of a Malfoy." He said his eyes narrowing as he approached the girl.

"Ever raise your wand or fist to your betters again and I will see to it personally that you have no hands to do it with and perhaps I'll take your Tongue and nail it to a door to show the future dark lord won't tolerate people like you." He whispered to the girl before standing up straight and turning to look at Jaran for his instruction.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 4:03 pm