Auvrea Veryr

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A free loosely based Harry Potter role playing site.

Welcome!!!! Please be sure to check this regularly, so that you are aware of things happening in posts and during the war.

2 posters

The New Professor

Aleron Lestrange
    Aleron Lestrange

The New Professor Empty The New Professor

Post by Aleron Lestrange Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:50 pm

Aleron sat in his office preparing for the new school year to begin. The amount of students who wanted to attend was steady and he let almost all of them in. Many of them would not graduate from the school.

The headmaster looked up when he heard the knock on the door. Must be one of the candidates for the teaching positions, he thought to himself. "Enter," he said as he leaned back in his chair slightly.
    Kendera James
    Kendera James

The New Professor Empty Re: The New Professor

Post by Kendera James Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:57 pm

Kendera - or was it Liddy? It was hard to tell just who was in control at the moment - entered the office. She was dressed in a pair of leggings and a v-neck blouse, her brown hair pulled back in a loose knot.

She bowed her head in a show of respect. "Headmaster Lestrange," the woman greeted. Brown eyes rose to fearlessly meet the man's gaze. "I hear you are in need of a Potions Master. Or Mistress." She moved forward, offering him her credentials to look over.

"Kendera James, Headmaster," she told him. "And one of the top Potioneers in all of the U.K. Possibly in all the world. It's difficult to say, sir. I've always been so very good at potions."
    Aleron Lestrange
    Aleron Lestrange

Post by Aleron Lestrange Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:06 pm

"Kendera James," Aleron repeated. "Sit," he gestured to one of the chairs in front of his desk.

"Yes I am indeed looking for a number of teachers. What previous experience do you have?" he questioned. His expression remained cool, as it always was, as he observed the woman in front of him.
    Kendera James
    Kendera James

Post by Kendera James Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:19 pm

Kendera sat, posture perfect in a manner which spoke of a proud pureblood upbringing.

"As a Potions Mistress? A lot. I'm always brewing something for someone. I have a permanent clientele, in fact," Kendera replied. "As a teacher? None. I've been spending my time traveling and expanding my knowledge base. But every teacher must start somewhere.

"Furthermore, we went to the same school, Headmaster. We might not have been in the same year, but you'd have known of me. I was Professor DeNoir's favorite pupil. In fact, I received so much private tutelage from him, I might as well have been his apprentice." Kendera raised a brow, a playful smile barely notable on her features. "Surely that must count for something, even if it's a negligible amount?"
    Aleron Lestrange
    Aleron Lestrange

Post by Aleron Lestrange Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:56 pm

"Yes, I remember. My wife especially told me quite a lot about your skills over the years," Aleron said, almost thoughtfully. "As I remember Kerew Denior was not an easy man to please."

"Yes, you have the required skill for this job. But are you prepared to guide the students in the direction that the school has always guided them in? We are preparing strong leaders. You should have heard that a lot of students are expelled from this school because of their inability to keep up with the tough circulum," he said.
    Kendera James
    Kendera James

Post by Kendera James Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:01 am

"Kerew DeNoir was extremely difficult to please," Kendera smirked. She had always been proud to have been one of the few to have succeeded in doing so.

"I was top of my class, even with the half a year I skipped to do more gainful things," she stated, matter-of-fact. "I do not suffer idiots, and I'm disinclined to be easy on anyone, regardless of how young they may be.

"The world is naught, but for its leaders, Headmaster. The Krauses know this every bit as much as the Lestranges. And I am, after all, a Krause, even if I do have my father's name."
    Aleron Lestrange
    Aleron Lestrange

Post by Aleron Lestrange Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:12 am

"Ah, yes, I remember hearing the stories of that class," Aleron chuckled slightly. "Our Dark Lady has made quite a debut with the potion master."

"You sound like a very good candidate for that position Mis. James. You are well known for your skills. With you on board I am sure we will be able to have an interesting year at this school," he said.

"What do you think of our school so far?" he asked.
    Kendera James
    Kendera James

Post by Kendera James Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:20 am

"Ah, yes," Kendera said, a hint of fondness entering her tone. It wasn't as genuine as it sounded. "Nia never did get along with the man."

She grinned. "Oh, I'm sure it will be most interesting, indeed," the woman replied. "I did take a look around, before making my way here. The facility is very good, well equipped. I would, of course, bring some of my own potions equipment. I am bit finicky, you understand. But I do like the way things are set up here. It's well regimented, and from what I've been able to suss out, the graduates from here are well prepared for life.

"Children are our future, after all. They must be properly trained."
    Aleron Lestrange
    Aleron Lestrange

Post by Aleron Lestrange Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:28 am

"You have been her friend?" Aleron asked, a hint of curiosity laced his words. He knew that very few people referred to the Dark Lady by that name, only her closest friends. And he only remember there to be one of those, Valarie, a witch his brother couldn't stand.

"Of course. You may bring however much of your equipment as you want. And if you need the school to provide you with anything fill out the appropriate paperwork and you will most likely receive it," the headmaster informed her.

"Indeed they are," he agreed with her. "But not all of them are prepared to carry the responsibility of the future on their shoulders. That is why we must prepare only the best."
    Kendera James
    Kendera James

Post by Kendera James Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:39 am

Kendera tilted her head thoughtfully. "A very long time ago, only," she replied. "We had a difference of opinion which we could not overcome. We were young, and both very stubborn. As for myself," the woman gave a short laugh, "I've always been proud, and I'm slow to forgive those who have slighted me.

"But the past is past. We're all grown ups, now, after all." She gave a disarming smile.

"Thank you, headmaster. I will be certain to do so, should it be necessary. Most likely, I shall just purchase it, myself. The pride thing, again."

She leaned forward so her elbows rested upon her knees. Kendera quirked a brow. "Are any but the best even worth preparing?"
    Aleron Lestrange
    Aleron Lestrange

Post by Aleron Lestrange Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:55 am

"Yes, you cannot think clearly if you dwell on the past all the time," Aleron agreed.

"Whatever is more comfortable for you, Mis. James. We will be sure to provide you with any assistance you need at this school," he informed her with a slight nod of his head.

He smirked. "No they are not. And those who try and fail are even more worthless then those who do not try for their arrogance."
    Kendera James
    Kendera James

Post by Kendera James Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:59 am

One need not dwell to hold a grudge, Liddy pointed out needlessly.

Kendera smiled. Of course not, she agreed.

"Then, we are agreed," she said aloud. The woman rose from her seat. "If there is nothing else, Headmaster, there is much I must accomplish."
    Aleron Lestrange
    Aleron Lestrange

Post by Aleron Lestrange Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:03 am

"Yes," Aleron said as he straightened the papers on his desk. "And I must get back to the enrollment papers. I will shall see you at the start of the school year, Mis. James," he said, nodding his head towards her.
    Kendera James
    Kendera James

Post by Kendera James Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:08 am

Kendera bowed her head in a last show of respect. "See you soon, Headmaster," she returned. Turning, she left the office.

Certain to be an interesting year, remarked Liddy.

"A most interesting year, indeed," Kendera murmured.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:41 am